An introduction of a non–standard software engineering graduate’s life.
Day 2 Day Tech
- Electric scooters could soon be road-legal in UK for first timeJanuary 28, 2020 at 06:11PM Britain may follow Europe and the US by relaxing e-scooter laws Electric scooters could soon be road-legal in … Read more
- Nasa to add ‘hotel’ capsule to International Space Station as part of commercial plansJanuary 28, 2020 at 02:45PM Private company's new addition could one day replace the ISS Nasa to add 'hotel' capsule to International Space … Read more
- Huawei: How will Boris Johnson’s 5G decision affect normal UK phone users?January 28, 2020 at 12:24PM Decision could have substantial consequences for international trade and geopolitics – but subtle ones for users, too Huawei: … Read more
- Facebook launches new tool allowing users to see what it has learnt about them from the rest of the internetJanuary 28, 2020 at 10:55AM Feature can be used to remove information collected on third-party sites Facebook launches new tool allowing users to … Read more
- Why claiming coronavirus is ‘good for bitcoin’ isn’t quite what it seemsJanuary 28, 2020 at 11:33AM Cryptocurrency's price rises by nearly a third amid series of global crises. But correlation does not necessarily imply … Read more
Day to day Tech
- One year on from Brumadinho, miners must step up efforts to tackle deadly damsJanuary 24, 2020 at 10:07AM One year on from Brumadinho, miners must step up efforts to tackle deadly dams … Selected by softengoxford Search Web: One year on from Brumadinho, miners must step up efforts to tackle deadly dams
- Shares fall and gold hits six-year high as Iran fallout rattles markets – live updatesJanuary 06, 2020 at 08:14AM Shares fall and gold hits six-year high as Iran fallout rattles markets – live updates … Selected by softengoxford Search Web: Shares fall and gold hits six-year high as Iran fallout rattles markets – live updates
- RealityEngines launches its autonomous AI serviceJanuary 28, 2020 at 05:00PM RealityEngines.AI, an AI and machine learning startup founded by a number of former Google executives and engineers, is coming out of stealth today and announcing its … Read more
- Nutanix execs discuss how they built their 2016 IPO roadshow deckJanuary 28, 2020 at 04:33PM Bringing a startup from idea to IPO isn’t an easy task, but if you can build something successful, one major milestone is to go public. Before … Read more
- ServiceNow acquires conversational AI startup Passage AIJanuary 28, 2020 at 02:24PM ServiceNow announced this morning that it has acquired Passage AI, a startup that helps customers build chatbots, something that should come in handy as ServiceNow continues … Read more
- Cooks Venture raises $4 million from Golden West Food Group to ramp up distributionJanuary 28, 2020 at 02:00PM Cooks Venture, the agtech company looking to revolutionize the chicken industry, has today announced the close of a $4 million funding round led by Golden West … Read more
- Chicago’s ActiveCampaign raises $100M for an all-in-one marketing and sales automation platformJanuary 28, 2020 at 11:37AM Marketing and sales automation — tools that leverage the advances and data of our digital age to better identify and then interact with customers — is … Read more
- ‘New York Times’ Reporter On The Attempted Saudi Hack Of His SmartphoneJanuary 28, 2020 at 09:18PM NPR's Ari Shapiro talks with Ben Hubbard of The New York Times, who has reported extensively about Saudi Arabia, about … Read more
- 2020 Political Campaigns Are Trying To Avoid A 2016-Style HackJanuary 28, 2020 at 10:04AM Four years after Russians hacked the Clinton campaign's emails, political candidates are scrambling to beef up their defenses against cyberattacks. … Read more
- Canada Wins, U.S. Loses In Global Fight For High-Tech WorkersJanuary 27, 2020 at 10:00AM If there is a global war for tech talent, right now Canada is winning. And U.S. immigration policies are part … Read more
- Why Elections Officials Aren’t Taking A Simple Security StepJanuary 26, 2020 at 10:13PM Elections officials could improve their cybersecurity in a simple way — by using dot gov website domains instead of the … Read more
- New Podcast Targets The ‘Crap’ On WhatsAppJanuary 26, 2020 at 12:51PM The phone messaging app WhatsApp is beloved by millions but infamous as a platform for hoaxes. We speak with the … Read more
- Boris Johnson gives green light for Huawei 5G infrastructure roleJanuary 28, 2020 at 12:01PM Chinese firm designated ‘high-risk vendor’ but will be allowed to build non-core elements of UK’s 5G networkHuawei decision: … Read more
- Hundreds of workers defy Amazon rules to protest company’s climate failuresJanuary 28, 2020 at 01:40AM Employees ‘needed to stand up for what’s right’ despite policy barring workers from speaking about businessHundreds of Amazon … Read more
- More than half of UK gaming industry based outside south-eastJanuary 28, 2020 at 01:07PM Ukie, the sector’s trade body, says there are hubs in more than 20 towns and cities nationwideMore than … Read more
How do we become a software engineer?
What’s a software engineer’s typical day like?
Women in Software Engineering
… read more.
Oxford and Kellogg
… read more.
Get our latest news and content delivered directly to your inbox.