An introduction of a non–standard software engineering graduate’s life.
Day 2 Day Tech
- Coronavirus: Internet companies agree to drop data caps amid lockdownMarch 30, 2020 at 09:15AM New deal will also bring better value mobile and landline broadband packages Coronavirus: Internet companies agree to dropContinue reading
- Zoom video chat app faces questions over privacy as popularity surges amid coronavirus lockdownMarch 27, 2020 at 08:23AM Popular video chat app Zoom is facing questions over its privacy after being accused of passing information aboutContinue reading
- Elon Musk reveals progress of Mars-bound Starship spacecraftMarch 27, 2020 at 02:51PM SpaceX is building craft to ferry people and cargo around the Solar System Elon Musk reveals progress ofContinue reading
- Clap For Our Carers: Videos of applause for NHS workers set all-time record for internet traffic, says Virgin MediaMarch 27, 2020 at 01:54PM Millions of Britons left their house and made noise to show support – and then flocked to theContinue reading
- Coronavirus: Face mask price gougers continue to profit from Covid-19 pandemic on Facebook and InstagramMarch 27, 2020 at 12:02PM ‘Facebook is littered with pages trying to capitalise on people’s fears,’ report states Coronavirus: Face mask price gougersContinue reading
Day to day Tech
- What help the government has announced for the self-employed – and how to apply for supportMarch 26, 2020 at 07:07AM What help the government has announced for the self-employed – and how to apply for support … Selected by softengoxford Search Web: What help the government has announced for the self-employed – and how to apply for support
- What help is there for self-employed workers affected by the coronavirus? – live Q&AMarch 25, 2020 at 11:12AM What help is there for self-employed workers affected by the coronavirus? – live Q&A … Selected by softengoxford Search Web: What help is there for self-employed workers affected by the coronavirus? – live Q&A
- Tech giants should let startups defer cloud paymentsMarch 26, 2020 at 05:24PM Google, Amazon, and Microsoft are the landlords. Amidst the Coronavirus economic crisis, startups need a break from paying rent. They’re in a cash crunch. Revenue hasContinue reading
- Salesforce’s Benioff pledges no ‘significant’ layoffs for 90 daysMarch 26, 2020 at 04:53PM In a Twitter thread on Tuesday, Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff outlined an eight-step plan to keep people safe and find treatments and a vaccine for theContinue reading
- Microsoft acquires 5G specialist Affirmed NetworksMarch 26, 2020 at 04:09PM Microsoft today announced that it has acquired Affirmed Networks, a company that specializes in fully virtualized, cloud-native networking solutions for telecom operators. With its focus onContinue reading
- Kaizo raises $3M for its AI-based tools to improve customer service support teamsMarch 26, 2020 at 03:39PM CRM has for years been primarily a story of software to manage customer contacts, data to help agents do their jobs, and tools to manage incomingContinue reading
- Yaguara nabs $7.2M seed to help e-commerce companies understand customers betterMarch 26, 2020 at 02:47PM Yaguara, a Denver-based startup that wants to help e-commerce companies understand their customers better to deliver more meaningful experiences, announced a $7.2 million seed investment today.Continue reading
- Instacart, Amazon Workers Plan To Strike Over Safety ConcernsMarch 30, 2020 at 10:02AM Workers from Amazon and Instacart are planning to go on strike. They’re asking their companies to do more to keepContinue reading
- Cybersecurity Lawyer Who Flagged The WHO Hack Warns Of ‘Massive’ Remote Work RisksMarch 30, 2020 at 10:00AM A large number of the workforce is staying home during the coronavirus. Alexander Urbelis, hacker-turned-information-security attorney, says the remote workingContinue reading
- An LA Native Drives Us Through His Hometown — Using Google Street ViewMarch 29, 2020 at 12:00PM Multidisciplinary artist Felix Quintana created honest portraits of South Central Los Angeles’ people and urban landscape with the help ofContinue reading
- Apple’s New Tool Let’s You Screen Yourself For COVID-19March 28, 2020 at 08:10PM A new COVID-19 website and app allow users to screen themselves for coronavirus symptoms and receive recommendations from the CentersContinue reading
- New Site Collects Reports Of Anti-Asian American Sentiment Amid Coronavirus PandemicMarch 27, 2020 at 01:23PM Russell Jeung, a professor of Asian American Studies at San Francisco State University, describes harassment, assault and microagressions against AsianContinue reading
- F1 team helps build new UK breathing aid for Covid-19 patientsMarch 30, 2020 at 09:13AM Device developed in 10 days by medics and engineers will help avoid need for full ventilation Coronavirus –Continue reading
- Bosses speed up automation as virus keeps workers homeMarch 30, 2020 at 12:01AM Livelihoods at risk as EY finds 41% of employers globally prepare for after the crisis Almost half ofContinue reading
- James McAvoy donates £257,000 to NHS medics’ PPE crowdfunding appealMarch 29, 2020 at 11:40AM Actor’s donation takes total raised to over £400,000 for purchase of masks, visors and gloves Coronavirus – latestContinue reading
How do we become a software engineer?
What’s a software engineer’s typical day like?
Women in Software Engineering
… read more.
Oxford and Kellogg
… read more.
Get our latest news and content delivered directly to your inbox.